Friday, November 9, 2007

Nov. news



I have wonderful news, Kathy is now potty trained, i am sooooooo happy. It took her a while, but when she turned 3, last month, i decided to give it another shot, and it worked, Praise Jesus! I am sure some of you are saying ok this chick needs to get a life, but for those moms that have had difficult children to train, they can very much appreciate where i'm coming from. Way to go Kathy!

Last week at our weekly Sat feeding, i noticed this family of about 5 kids ages 1 and up, and these children really tugged at my heart strings this particular day. I see them every week, but normally i am so wrapped up in serving these women and children that i don't notice them, like i should. ( I am being very real right now). So this day i was walking taking pictures and i came across this family and i noticed that the little girls, twins, probably age 6 or 7 were bare foot, and very dirty, and it made me cry. They come every Sat, I did not ask how far they walk to get there, but i'm sure it's quite a few miles, most of the children that come walk at least 5-10 miles, if not more to come get a warm meal and here a message about Jesus. Also they come dressed, in their Sunday best, which is torn, dirty dresses, the same one's every week, and it just breaks my heart that i have not noticed them, like this before. It is getting a little cooler here, and these girls really need socks, shoes, and clothes so i am determined to find some. If any of you feel like helping me with these children, with clothes and shoes, please contact me by email at robyn@erinternational.org.

Thank you and God bless.

No comments: