Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Carepoint El Espino





Starting in March, Ernie and I started a new ministry, it's called a carepoint, and it is in a somewhat remote village, called El Espino, about 15 minutes from Zambrano. I really felt like we should start reaching out to the hurting, hungry people outside of Zambrano. It had been on my heart for a while, and in March the Lord opened the door for us to start. A carepoint is, to sum it up, a great way to show the love of Jesus in practical ways. The carepoint is a feeding center for children 5 days a week, it provides education for those that are too poor to go to school, it has bible clubs to teach the word of God, it's a way to provide basic medical care for the community, and to also bring in medical teams for bigger medical needs, and any other practical ways to help these poor people that are in need. It provides a way to help the people make their situations better. The carepoint also provides clothing, shoes, and any other basic needs as they are provided. We are now just bringing bags of food, once a week, which consist of beans, rice, and corn, to the poorest of the poor in this area. We give out about 50-60 bags a week. We are looking for a piece of property to buy so we can build a building for the carepoint. It seems like things are coming along, and God has been right here with us, it has been pretty effortless for us to get this started, and total peace, and of course that helps remind me that this is a God thing, and it is something that He desires. I will keep you posted on the progress of this carepoint. I am grateful that the Lord is providing the needs to these precious people. Please pray that we are able to find a piece of land, and that God provides the finances to buy it, and that He provides all the needs of the carepoint.

James 1:27

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Matthew 25:35-36, 40

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me,
... the King will say, I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these
things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me you did it to me.

Thanks, and God bless you all. Thanks for being a part of this with us.

No comments: