Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Giving away shoes



We have a family that comes to the carepoint every week, and i noticed the little boy, about age 3-4 never has on shoes, so last week i decided to bring him a pair of Joey's shoes. It really brakes my heart to see these children walking around these nasty, dirty, streets barefoot, and their feet are so dirty, and beat up, we really don't know how good we have it, at least we have a choice, most of these don't. It just brings me back to that scripture:

Matthew 25:35-36, 40

I was hungry and you fed me,
I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
I was homeless and you gave me a room,
I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
I was sick and you stopped to visit,
I was in prison and you came to me,
... the King will say, I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these
things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me you did it to me.

I know that i have quoted this scripture lately, but the Lord just keeps bringing me back to it.

Robyn

No comments: