Saturday, October 13, 2012

This trip actually did change my life


WWW.TAGMISSIONS.COM
This trip actually did change my life.

In 2004 I found myself on a small community stage, in front of about 100 young people (high school age), at an evening event, telling them my testimony. The pain I had been through, and the healing and help I found in Jesus. My depression, my cutting, having been suicidal, it was all there. I stood there, not really able from stage to see the reactions on their faces, sparing no single detail.
After the end of the entire show I had a small group of 8 or 10 come up to me. Through their broken English and a translator, they began to tell me of their similar experiences, and their hurts. They thanked me and hugged me, and some of them said they had even accepted Jesus into their hearts that night. That validated me. That validated every hurt that I went through. To know that it had been redeemed and that God was willing and able to use that to help others, if I was willing to go, and to tell.
That was 8 years ago, and since then I have been on several other trips as well. And the love, acceptance and validation continues to come, on every trip I take. That was my story, do you have a story? And if you don’t I you are encouraged to take a trip and go, make stories and memories. It will change your life.
One of the most important things in many faith’s, is a pilgrimage, or hajj, or a trip of some sort. These trips are often to a holy place or sacred city. What about us Christians? While Israel and the Red Sea, and Gethsemane are certainly important, the most sacred of places becomes our own selves. We know carry within us the Holy Spirit. We are lead and guided by God, through His Word and His Spirit.
We are commanded to go. Not to visit some specific sanctuary, or place, or something from the past. But to go and tell others about what Jesus has done for us. We go to tell them about the love of God, and His grace, and forgiveness.


Anonymous!
WWW.TAGMISSIONS.COM

No comments: